WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR APPLYING FOR MALAYSIA DEPENDENT VISA?
Dependent visa can be applied only if your immediate family member is a legal resident of Malaysia and holds a Malaysian Employment pass that is willing to take care of you while in Malaysia.
This type of visa is strictly issued to an immediate family member of Malaysian residence for i.e Spouse, Children’s & parent. No other relatives are eligible to apply under this visa category.
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLYING FOR MALAYSIAN DEPENDENT VISA?
An applicant who is applying in their home country has to make sure that before starting the application, his/her petition is made at Malaysian Authorities by the sponsored in Malaysia.
This letter is called Visa Approval Letter (VAL) it is a very important & crucial point to take care, as without this step your application cannot be accepted by the Authorities in the Home country of Applicant.
The applicant does not require to go any test such as IELTS or TOEFL, but their biometrics will be done in Malaysia while converting their dependent pass to the Visa
Following are the list of Documents which will be required for filing your Malaysia Dependent Visa application
- Original Valid International Passport.
- Covering letter including personal details and the Malaysian resident with whom you will be residing.
- Three latest Photographs were taken against the white background and it covering 70% face.
- Duly filled and signed application form.
- Application copy made by the Sponsor to the local authorities of Malaysia.
- Justifying relationship with Malaysian Local by providing Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, etc.
- Passport copy of Malaysian Resident & Residence ID.
- A formal letter from sponsored explaining about the relationship status, his current employment in Malaysia, work has undertaken monthly income, residence address of Malaysia, mobile no and email ID, also he has to mention that during their stay in Malaysia he will be taking outermost care of the financial and medical needs.
ELIGIBILITY FOR MALAYSIA WORK VISA
- The passport should be valid at least for 18 months.
- The person who is coming to Malaysia for work must be of 27 years or above except from the IT background which requires 23 years of age.
- A work visa is usually issued between 6 months to 5 years
Where should I submit the Malaysia Dependent Visa Application?
Once you have prepared the documents as per the checklist, the next step is to visit the nearest Visa Application Center where you will have to submit all the documents in original or in photocopy.
Make sure to take all the copies in A4 size paper as the department of Government does not accept documents in any other paper size.
Visa Application Centre is open from Monday to Friday between 0900 to 1300. It is not necessary to schedule an appointment for your visit to the Centre, you can directly visit them during their working hours and submit the application.
Depending on the crowd for Malaysia Visa Applicants, it should not take more than 45 mins to 1 hour to complete the legal formalities at the center, provided your documents are as per the checklist and requirement of Consulate/Embassy.
If there is any document which they ask you and you have it on your email ID then you can visit photocopy booths which are available inside the premises and you can submit it before their working hours.
By any chance if they ask for any additional document apart from the checklist and if you do not have the hard copy or copy over the email you can always revisit them following working day and submit the documents, it does not mean the dishonored of application or refusal of visa, applicants can revisit several times to the center till the time their documents are not as per requirements of Consulate.
Once all your documents are in place you will have to submit the documents and pay official visa fees of Rs.8,000/- in cash at the payment counter.
Once your application is filed and forwarded to the Malaysian High Commission for further reviewing, it may take around 2 to 3 weeks to conclude the application, you can track application on VFS Malaysia Visa Website by entering your visa fees receipt no and Passport Number.
In some cases, it may take a longer time or High Commission may call up and ask for the additional documents or ask the applicant to visit Consulate for a personal interview.
The ratio is very less, however out of 10 they call at least 1 or 2 applicants for a personal interview, this is only if they feel anything suspicious about the applicant or the person residing in Malaysia.
Rejection of Malaysian Dependent Visa
Rejection or refusal can happen if the documents and information provided in the application are misrepresented incorrect or false.
Rejection can happen for many reasons, some of which are as under
- Passport is damaged or the validity of the passport is below six months.
- Malaysian resident has failed to get the Visa Approval Letter from Malaysian Authorities.
- Failure to justify the relationship could be the major reason for rejection.
- If Malaysian residence is an illegal migrant and trying to do forge.
- If Consulate suspects illegal migration of people.
Fly For Holidays is Online Travel Company based in Mumbai, but we provide Visa Services online and offline for major cities in India like Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Goa, Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi, Trivandrum, Delhi, Surat, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Jaipur, Kolkata and many more. Do not hesitate to reach us and talk to our experts for your visa application.
Why Choose Fly For Holidays?