Switzerland Business Visa
Switzerland has one of the most advanced and free-market economies wherein the service sector plays a very important role in the country specifically Swiss Banking and Tourism are considered as the pillars of the country’s economy.
Switzerland is the leading producer of watches & clocks in the world where Omega & TAG Heuer are well-known brands and it has a competitive market for pharmaceutical companies including Novartis and Roche.
Switzerland is home to many of the international brands including Nestle, Novartis, Swatch Group, Swiss International Airlines, and Glencore to make it one of the largest economies in the world.
Since Switzerland is a developed country with a skilled labor force it majorly exports high-tech finished products which also invites plenty of foreigners for business purposes. Indians also have started opting for high-quality products and visit there for business purposes. Indians visiting Switzerland for business purposes requires Switzerland Business Visa.
Switzerland visa processing for the Indians is an offline process and you get the visa stamped on the passport. The applicant needs to visit the nearby VFS center to get the visa processed with the required documents to be submitted and biometrics.
While holding this valid Schengen Visa you can also explore Switzerland and nearby Schengen regions as a tourist by visiting some exotic locations like Swiss National Park, The Rhine Falls, Lake Lugano & Ticino, and Jungfraujoch but you need to make sure your main purpose for the visit is business.
Eligibility for Switzerland Visa
- You must have a valid passport of 3 months validity after your scheduled return date.
- 2 blank pages in the passport.
- Valid Business Proof in the home country.
- Social & Economic ties in the home country proving your return.
- Proper documents from the inviter.
How to apply for a Switzerland business visa?
- Switzerland Business visa is an offline process and you are required to visit the center for submission of the documents and biometrics. You need to schedule an appointment before visiting the VFS Center.
- On the scheduled day of the appointment, you are required to visit the center and submit the documents as per the document checklist. Biometrics will take place on the same day. Some applicants may need to submit additional documents other than the checklist as it varies from case to case.
- You are required to submit biometrics if you are traveling to Schengen country for the first time or if you have given the biometrics before 59 months.
Process for Business Visa
- Switzerland Business Visa is an offline process wherein the applicant is required to visit the center and submit the documents on paper (A4 size) at the nearby VFS center.
- It is always advisable to take the help of a travel agent for guidance on the selection of the visa type, procedure & documents to be submitted.
- On deciding the travel plan you need to start collecting the documents. Inviter’s documents must be received in advance as it is required for filling up the online form & cover letter.
- Visa form is filled online, fill up the required details. An incomplete form may lead to delay or rejection of the visa.
- The cover letter must be on the letterhead addressing to the Switzerland Consulate with the authorized person’s name and signature and seal on the letter. The letter must also mention your position and duration of the service, the purpose of the visit, and expenses.
- The invitation letter must be on the letterhead addressing to the Switzerland consulate with the invitee’s details and authorized person’s name and signature and seal on the letter. The letter must have an invitee’s date & purpose of trip with day to day schedule.
- On the collection of all the required documents as per the checklist, you can schedule an appointment at the nearby VFS center.
- On the scheduled appointment day it is advisable to reach 15 min before the scheduled time.
- At the VFS center, the representative will be collecting all the required documents and you will be guided for biometrics and then you need to pay the visa fees. VFS fees are to be paid online while taking the appointment and consulate fees is to be paid at the center in cash or by card.
- On completion of the entire process of submission of documents, biometrics, and fees you need to wait for around 15-17 days to get your visa processed.
- You can track your application online with the reference number given on the receipt by the VFS center on payment or by calling the VFS center.
- Once your passport is ready for collection you need to carry the original payment receipt, one original government ID proof, and a Xerox of it.
- You can opt for courier service by paying the charges for the same if you do not wish to visit the center again.
- Visa will be valid for 90 days, single entry, or as per the condition mentioned on the stamped visa.