What is China visa?
A China Visa is a legal document that is issued by every Government for Foreign Visitors to enter the Country.
Likewise, China Visa is an official document issued by the People’s Republic of China (PRC) for Foreigner visitor who is willing to enter into the Country.
According to the sources of Discovery China, China Tourism Statistics of 2019 is as under
|TYPE OF TOURISM||NO OF TRIPS||REVENUE IN %|
|Inbound Tourism||142 Million Trips||1.4%|
|Inbound Tourism Revenue||UD 127.3 Billion||2.5%|
|Outbound Tourism||134 Million Trips||4.5%|
|Domestic Tourism||5.5 Billion Trips||10.8%|
|Domestic Tourism Revenue||CNY 5.05 Trillion||13%|
|Total Revenue||CNY 5.98 Trillion||13%|
Traveling to China is possible only if you are holding a valid Chinese Visa issued from the Chinese Government for Foreign Nationals.
In this article, I will be covering the smallest points that could help you get your pass to enter this Country. Chinese Government is precise when it comes to deciding about the outcome for visa application for any Foreign Nationals who are willing to enter their country.
What is the purpose of the visit?
While writing an article, I have purposely kept this as the first point. Before getting deep into the China Visa formalities, legality, and procedure, it is of utmost importance to understand the visa categories and type of visa application and apply for the same.
If you do not adhere to the guidelines, it may be lead to China Visa Rejection.
What are the different types of China visa available for Indians?
There are many different types of visas, which Indians can apply for their visit to China. Major categories which Indian people apply are China Tourist Visa & Business visa.
As mentioned earlier be very specific while choosing the category of applying for Chinese Visa. I’ll give you one example, if your main purpose is to visit a vendor or a supplier who is based in China and along with that you plan for a short trip to nearest places, then, in this case, you will have to apply for China Business Visa, as your major concern is visiting vendor rather than taking a trip.
DID YOU KNOW?
The People’s Republic of China has categorized Chinese visa alphabetically e.g. C-Crew Member Visa, D-Residence Visa, F- Non- Commercial Visit, J1- Journalist Visit-For 1 year Visit, J2 –Journalist Visit for Temporary –G-Transit Visa, L- Tourism Visit, M- Business Visit, R- Issued to highly qualified people whose skills are required in China, Q-Issued to Family Member Who intends to stay for a longer period, Z- Work Visa
- China Business Visa: This type of visas is issued to an applicant whose intentions are visiting China for doing some kind of business activity in China. This type of visa is not only applied the most in India but throughout the World. It is one of the most popular visa categories amongst all.
- China Tourist Visa: China is off late also recognized as a tourist destination for thousands of visitors. It can be applied only when your intentions are purely for tourism purposes. I will list some important facts about the China Tourist visa later in this article.
China Visa Subcategories
According to the Government sites & few sources, Discovery china.com has prepared an interesting Tourism statistics of 2019 which could help us to understand the fastest growing inbound tourism of China has made tremendous growth in tourism income for the Chinese Government.
Depending on the number of visits and urgency the Chinese Government has further categorized this visa category into subcategories; this subcategory is not only applicable for Business but also a Tourist visa.
- China Single Entry Visa: This type of visa is applied by the traveler who is visiting China for tourism purpose, their travel is just once and does not wish to enter China in near future, also Businessmen who do not have intentions to visit China again within 6 months.
- China Double Entry Visa: It is a double-entry visa issued to an applicant who has intentions to visit China twice in the same travel or shortly soon. China has good land connectivity to Hong Kong & Macau, people going on tourism or Business tend to cover neighboring country and come back to China to take their return flight to India. In this scenario, you will require to apply for a Double-entry China visa, as you will be entering twice while or you need to have a visit soon shortly.
- China Multiple Entry Visa: This visa allows to enter China multiple times within the validity of the visa. Businessmen who frequently visit China for official purpose tend to apply for multiple-entry visas.
Know more about Process, Eligibility & Requirements for China Business Visa, Transit Visa & Tourist Visa.