UK Visa Application form PDF
Indians visiting the UK as a tourist need to apply for standard/visitor visa and the form for the same is filled online and downloaded as UK Visa Application form PDF format.
Once the visa is approved it is valid for 6 months and multiple entry. UK Visitor visa can be applied 90 days prior to the intended date of travel and the processing time for the visa is 10-12 calendar days though it may take more time if the consulate is unable to arrive at the decision.
All the applicants who are applying for the visitor visa can apply for the UK Visa without IELTS as this examination is only for the applicants intending to work in the UK.
Process for the UK Visa
- Visitor visa is also known as the standard visa is divided into two parts wherein the form filling is done online and downloaded as UK Visa Application form PDF format and the next step is to visit the VAC centre for submission of the documents and biometrics which is scheduled on the same day as of the submission of the documents.
- All the applicants applying for the UK visa must prove their eligibility which includes the citizen of the residence country, proving the financial and employment status in the home country, will leave the UK before the visa expires, and their main purpose of visit to the UK is as a visitor.
- Before visiting the VAC centre all the required documents as per the application must be arranged on A4 size papers. It is always advisable to take the help of the travel agent to avoid delays or rejection of the visa application.
- Cover letter for UK Visa must be prepared in detail addressing to The British High Commission along with the other required documents to be submitted also make sure to put up all the details for your application in the cover letter which could not be filled in the online application form.
- Visa applications are processed in 10-12 days and once the High Commission makes the decision applicant is informed through the mail. If the visa is refused there will be a rejection letter with the mail whereas if the mail has the details only for the collection means the visa has been approved.
- When the applicant goes to collect the Passport once the visa is processed make sure to carry the receipt given by the VAC centre on the day of submission and the original government ID proof. Applicants who do not wish to visit the VAC centre again can opt for the courier service by paying the nominal charges.
- UK Visa refusal reapplying can be done by all those applicants who are been refused the visa, but they need to see to it that they are able to prove why they must be allowed to visit the UK as a visitor and if required additional documents must be submitted if mentioned in the rejection letter.
Paper Work for UK Visitor Visa for Indians
- Original Valid Passport
- UK Visa Application form PDF
- Covering letter
- Six months of bank statement.
- Income Tax Returns for 3 years
- Any other financial documents if required.
- If Married – Marriage certificate
Additional documents – Employed
- Offer or Appointment letter of the Company.
- Salary Slips
- Leave letter.
Additional documents required – Self-Employed
- Cover letter on letterhead
- Business registration proof
- Current account bank statement
- Company income tax returns for 3 years
Additional documents for the sponsored applicants
- Sponsorship letter
- Government-issued identity card
- Employment proof
- Attested bank statement & Income tax returns
Additional documents if invited
- Passport copy & residence card of inviters
- 1 Employment Proof
- 1 Residence proof
- Based on your visit types below are the High Commission visa fees & service charge of the company.
Tourist / Visit Visa
Express Process 5 Days
|Express Process 2 Days
Photographs for the Visa
Applicants are not required to click the photo for UK Visa as the photograph has been clicked at the VAC centre on the scheduled appointment date when the biometrics is been submitted.
Points to Remember.
- Details in the online form must be true and to the best of your knowledge.
- Submitted documents must be genuine and not fake, altered, misleading or invalid documents as it may lead to refusal of the visa.
- Avoid mistakes in the form as it may cause a delay in the processing of the visa application hence advisable to take the help of a travel agent for hassle-free visa processing.
- Visa rejection may cause a problem in the future when you reapply to a UK visa as well as any other developed countries visa.
- Applicants can apply 90 days before the intended date of travel to the UK.
- Visa fees are paid online with the help of a debit or credit card when the applicant submits the online visa form. No visa fees is to be paid at the VAC centre.