India Young Professionals Scheme visa: A guide for Indian citizens
If you are an Indian citizen between 18 and 30 years old and have a bachelor’s degree or higher, you may be interested in applying for the India Young Professionals Scheme visa. This visa allows you to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years, without needing a sponsor or a job offer. However, getting this visa is not easy, as there are only 2,400 visas available per year and you need to be selected in a ballot before you can apply. In this blog post, we will explain what the India Young Professionals Scheme visa is, how to enter the ballot, how to apply for the visa, and what you can and cannot do with it.
What is the India Young Professionals Scheme visa?
The India Young Professionals Scheme visa is a type of Youth Mobility Scheme visa that is exclusively for Indian citizens. It is part of the UK-India Migration and Mobility Partnership that was announced in May 2021. The aim of this visa is to foster cultural exchange and professional development between the UK and India.
The India Young Professionals Scheme visa allows you to:
- study – for some courses you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate
- work in most jobs
- be self-employed and set up a company
- as long as your premises are rented, your equipment is not worth more than £5,000 and you do not have any employees
- extend your stay
- apply for most benefits (public funds)
- include family members on your application – they must apply separately
- work as a professional sportsperson (for example as a coach)
How to enter the ballot for India Young Professionals Scheme visa ?
To be eligible for the India Young Professionals Scheme visa, you must:
– be an Indian citizen
– be between 18 and 30 years old
– have an eligible qualification
– have £2,530 in savings
An eligible qualification is a qualification at bachelor’s degree level or above (Regulated Qualifications Framework level 6, 7 or 8). You will need to provide evidence of your qualification when you apply for the visa.
To enter the ballot, you need to visit the UK government website and declare that you meet the eligibility criteria. You can only enter the ballot once per year. The ballot opens on 1 August and closes on 31 August each year. The results of the ballot are announced in September.
If you are successful in the ballot, you will receive an invitation to apply for the India Young Professionals Scheme. You will have 30 days to submit your application online. If you are unsuccessful in the ballot, you can try again next year.
How to apply for the India Young Professionals Scheme Visa ?
If you receive an invitation to apply for the visa, you will need to:
– pay the application fee of £259
– pay a healthcare surcharge of £940
– prove your identity and provide your documents
You will need to provide:
- a current passport or other valid travel ID
- a bank statement showing you have at least £2,530 in savings – this must have been in your bank account for at least 28 days before you apply
- evidence of your eligible qualification – this could be a certificate, transcript or letter from your institution
- You will also need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre
- You may have to travel to another country to do this, depending on where you live.
- You will get a biometric residence permit as part of your application.
- You must apply for your visa within 6 months of receiving your invitation.
- You must also travel to the UK within 6 months of applying for your visa.
- You will usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks, If your application is approved, you will get a visa that allows you to live and work in the UK for up to 24 months, You can enter and leave the UK as many times as you want during this period.
Also Read: How to Apply UK Visa for Indians
What are the chances of getting the India Young Professionals Scheme visa ?
The India Young Professionals Scheme visa is very competitive, as there are only 2,400 visas available per year. This means that there is roughly one visa for every 60,000 – 80,000 eligible Indian nationals. According to some estimates, there are about 150 million Indian citizens who meet the age and qualification criteria for this visa.
Therefore, getting this visa is largely based on luck rather than merit. You will have to enter the ballot several times to get selected. However, if you are passionate about living and working in the UK and have a flexible attitude, this visa may be worth trying.
The India Young Professionals Scheme visa is a unique opportunity for Indian citizens who want to experience life and work in the UK. However, it is also very challenging to get, as there are only a limited number of visas available and you need to be selected in a ballot before you can apply. If you are eligible and interested in this visa, you should enter the ballot as soon as possible and prepare your documents in advance. You should also have a backup plan in case you do not get the visa or you decide to return to India after your stay.
Blog Related UK