US Visa Scheduling: A Step-by-Step Guide to Apply US Visa in India (2023)
The New US Visa Scheduling portal has been experiencing many glitches and errors since its launch, which may affect the availability and accuracy of the US Visa appointment available dates, fees, and documents. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you verify all the given information on the portal with the official sources and contact the embassy or consulate if you encounter any issues.
The New US Visa scheduling portal was launched in July 2023 replacing the old CGI Fedral US Visa and it aims to simplify the US Visa application process and rescheduling US Visa Appointment and provide more flexibility and convenience to applicants. The portal allows you to create an account, fill out your DS-160 form, pay your Visa fees, schedule your biometric and interview appointments for US Visa, and track your US Visa status online. You can also reschedule or cancel your US Visa appointment dates up to 24 hours before your scheduled date.
If you are planning to apply for a US Visa in Mumbai, you might be wondering how to book your US Visa appointment dates in New US Visa Scheduling site and what are the steps involved. In this blog post, we will share step-by-step process to Create New Account on US Visa scheduling Portal with you along with some tips and insights on how to navigate the new US Visa scheduling portal and what to expect during your US Visa interview.
Step-by-step Process to Create New Account on US Visa Scheduling Portal:
- Step 1: Go to US Travel docs website https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ you will see “Choose your location” option with countries in Alphabetical order, select your country of citizenship to apply your US Visa i.e. “India”.
- Step 2: You will be redirected to a page where you have to select your Visa type (Nonimmigrant Visa or Immigrant Visa). Then, click on “Login”.
- Step 3: You will be redirected to New US Visa Scheduling Portal’s “Sign in Page”, if you are creating a “New Account” click on “Sign up now” and if you already have an account on new portal you can fill in the User Name and Password to Login.
- Step 4: Once you click on “Sign up now” you will see the “User Details”, you will have to fill Username and Password. Verify you Email address by filling the Verification Code sent on your Email. Then fill all the personal information followed by “Security Questions” and Click on “Create”.
- Step 5: Once you have created your “New Account”, you will Redirected to “Sign in Page” where you will have to fill you User Name and Password. And fill the Captcha Text shown on the screen. And Click on “Sign In”, you will be sent to Dashboard of your new account on US Visa Scheduling Portal.
How to Apply for US Visa Application on US Visa Scheduling?
- To start a New US Visa Application, click on “New Application/Schedule Appointment” and follow the instructions.
- Upload your photo and other required documents such as your passport, previous Visas, invitation letters, etc. Make sure your photo meets the specifications and is clear and recent.
- Pay your US Visa fees using your credit or debit card. The US Visa fees vary depending on the type of Visa you are applying for. For example, the fee for a B1/B2 tourist or business Visa is around $185.
- Schedule your biometric and interview appointments at the US consulate in Mumbai. You can choose the date and time that suits you best from US Visa appointment available dates. You will receive an email confirmation with the details of your US Visa Appointments in Mumbai.
- Attend your biometric appointment at the US Visa Application Center (VAC) in Mumbai. You need to bring your passport, appointment confirmation letter, DS-160 confirmation page, and a printout of your photo. You will have your fingerprints and photo taken at the VAC.
- Attend your US Visa interview appointment at the US consulate in Mumbai. You need to bring the same documents as above, plus any additional documents that support your purpose of travel and financial situation. You will have a face-to-face interview with a consular officer who will ask you questions about your travel plans, background, and ties to India.
- Wait for your US Visa decision. You can check your US Visa status online using your passport number or case number, If your Visa is approved, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to collect or receive your passport with the Visa stamp.
It is recommended to apply your US Visa with the help of a Trusted US Visa Agency Near you to avoid any chances of US Visa rejection, because of the New US Visa Scheduling site with lot of glitches and errors and lack of information available.