Documents for US Tourist Visa
While going for an interview with the consular office you need to carry a certain set of documents required for US tourist visa as per the checklist.
- Original Passport (Current & Expired)
- 2 Photographs as per specifications
- Cover Letter in detail
- Last 6 months updated bank statement attested by the bank
- Employment Proof
- Retirement letter if retired
- College/School ID Card, Fee Receipt of the current academic year
- Travel Itinerary
- Hotel Booking for the entire stay
- Visiting family or friends – Invitation letter, Passport copy, Green Card/Valid Visa/ Residence Permit, residence proof, and employment proof.
Documents required for Employed Applicants
- Offer Letter/ Appointment Letter
- Leave Letter/NOC from the company on the company letterhead with seal and signature
- Last 3 months salary slips
Documents required for Self Employed Applicants
- Cover Letter for Self Employed applicants must be on the company letterhead with seal and signature
- Last 6 months updated bank statement of the company with attestation from the bank
- Income Tax Returns of the company for the last 3 years
Documents required from Sponsor
- Sponsorship Letter
- Proof of Relation, Passport Copy
- Bank Statement of the last 6 months attested by the bank
- Income Tax Returns
- Salary Slip of the last 3 months
People who Visit United States, often visit to Canada, Apply Canada Visa For Indians with Fly For Holidays
Fly For Holidays is Online Travel Company based in Mumbai, but we provide Visa Services online and offline for major cities in India like Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Goa, Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi, Trivandrum, Delhi, Surat, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Jaipur, Kolkata and many more. Do not hesitate to reach us and talk to our experts for your visa application.
- Dimension for the photo must 2-inch x 2 inch
- Must not be older than 6 months
- Color Photo. No black & white photos are allowed
- Face clearly visible with hair tied behind and ears not covered
- White Background and matt finish
- 80% face coverage
- Glasses to be avoided
- Head gears not allowed except for religious reasons.
Turnaround time for the visa is completely on the consulate. After an interview, normally it takes around 8-10 days to get the visa processed, during the peak season it may take a longer time to complete the process.
Also if any additional information or documents are required by the consular it may further increase the time. For an entire US visa application to be completed it takes around 1.5 months which includes filling up the form, visiting VAC for Biometrics and Interview with the Consular.
The maximum time taken is between biometrics and interview as biometrics normally happen within a week of submission of the DS-160 form whereas an appointment with the consular has a waiting period of 25 – 30 days.