How to Apply For The Schengen Tourist Visa For Indians?
- The Schengen Visa for Indians is all based on your documentation and proper selection of the country from where you plan to apply. The next step will be the selection of an appropriate category for the visa you need to apply. Schengen visa is an offline process wherein form is filled up online/handwritten but submission and biometrics take place at respective VFS centers.
- Schengen Tourist/Visitor visa also includes meeting family & friends.
- Passports with remarks are not accepted by certain consulates.
Eligibility for applying for Schengen Tourist Visa
- You must be holding a passport with the validity of 6 months on arrival in any of the Schengen country
- You must be able to support the finances while in the Schengen countries and able to prove your strong finance in the home country.
- You need to prove your purpose of visit to all the Schengen countries and return to your home country.
Procedure for the Schengen Tourist Visa application
- The first step will be to start with the online application form wherever applicable. While starting with the process online form you need to have certain details such as personal, employment, and travel plans, and invitee details if applicable as this all will help to complete the online form when traveling to the Schengen countries for tourism purposes or to meet family & friends.
- The visa form for the respective country can either be downloaded or directly filled up online on the VFS website which is free of cost. The Short Term Visa/Visitor visa category is for people who intend to visit the Schengen for tourism and to meet family and friends.
- After completion of the online form, the next step is to submit this form wherever filled directly on the respective country’s consulate website page and make sure to get it submitted and barcode to be generated.
- The next step will be making an appointment on the VFS website of the country where you will be submitting the documents. Certain VFS centers may ask for the VFS fees online while taking an appointment which can be paid through Debit/Credit Card. On making that payment you have successfully generated an appointment. By filling up the name, passport number, and category of the visa you can make the appointment. You need to carry the print of the appointment letter while visiting the center.
- The next step will be collecting all the required documents as per the checklist of the country where you are applying On visiting the VFS center you need to submit all the documents. On successful completion of submitting the documents, you will be guided for biometrics. After biometrics, you need to make the payment and a receipt will be generated with the unique reference which will be used for further communication on the status of the application and collection of the passport. After this, you need to wait around for 10-12 days to get the visa done or as per the country, you have applied for the visa. You will be intimated through the mail, message or even you can check on the VFS website or call and check with the VFS center of the respective country.
Documents required for Schengen Visa for Indians
- Original Passport (Old if any)
- Appointment Letter
- Visa form
- Document Checklist
- Detailed Cover letter
- 3 Photographs as per international standards
- Travel Itinerary
- Hotel Accommodations covering the entire stay
- Offer Letter/ Appointment Letter
- Last 3 months salary slips
- Leave Letter or NOC from the company on letterhead
- Personal Bank statements for the last 3 or 6 months attested by the bank according to the country where applying.
- Income tax returns for 3 years
- 6 months attested Personal bank statement
- 6 months attested Company bank statement
- Personal Income Tax Returns
- Company Income Tax Returns
- Company Registration Certificate
- Retirement Certificate
- Pension Statement
- Any other related documents
- Sponsorship Letter
- Sponsor’s 6 months bank statement attested by the bank
- Sponsor’s Tax papers of the last 3 years
- Sponsor’s Employment proof
- Sponsor’s Passport Copy
- Invitation Letter
- Passport Copy
- PR copy/Visa copy
- Employment papers
- Residence papers
- School/College ID Card
- Leave application
- Fee Receipt of current Academic year
You need to prove your social and economic ties, residence and family in your home country which includes your family and employment.
Fly For Holidays is Online Travel Company based in Mumbai, but we provide Visa Services online and offline for major cities in India like Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Goa, Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi, Trivandrum, Delhi, Surat, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Jaipur, Kolkata and many more. Do not hesitate to reach us and talk to our experts for your visa application.